Monday, September 26, 2011

Telehealth likely to increase

Growth in global telehealth forecast at more than $1B
http://healthcareitnews.com/news/growth-global-telehealth-forecast-more-1b


Looking at our current assignment, I wonder if outsourcing is the only means of hospitals being competitive. I thought about mobile units (since I dealt with some of them) but it might not easy for clients. With various industries working, the monitoring of patients could be done at their convenience and home.

The article believes the growth is substantial (1 billion by 2016) and minimize healthcare cost and expenses.

I think it is promising but it does not guarantee reduction. It might be better patient care and alerts but not guarantee healthcare improvement. I believe it could be but it all depends upon implementation. Lastly, it will apply well in rural area and how patient monitoring is being done is a bigger question.

I see healthcare industry converging... It has in dentistry and more in the health field..

No comments:

Post a Comment